There are a lot more than 40 great financial news, investment and personal finance websites, but these are the ones that I go back to over and over again. Most of these have a free version, as well as, a paid version. I tend to like easy to use and concise.
Remember, it's not about more information and opinions, it's about better information and analysis. These top financial news, investment and financial planning websites will prove to be useful over and over as you randomly walk the financial world.
Make sure to BOOKMARK this page to save time in the future.
Top Financial News Websites
These websites are among the best for giving financial news coverage and low ideology perspectives. True analysis begins with understanding what is going on around us and setting our feelings aside.
- Financial Times
- Foreign Affairs
- L.A. Times
- Newspaper & Current Periodicals Reading Room
- New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Washington Post
Top Investment Websites
These are core websites I use for investment screening, finding core investment information and charting. These are where the sifting begins.
- Google Finance
- Seeking Alpha
- Stock Rover
- Yahoo Finance
- Calculated Risk
- Crestmont Research
- Dollars & Sense
- DShort Advisor Perspectives
- iMarket Signals
- International Journal of Economics & Finance
- Yardeni Research
Top Investment Blogs
Some of these authors are excellent and parsing the information. I try to find industry experts who can give me a great view of their slice of the world, for example in technology, resources, particular industries, currencies or parts of the world.
Top Financial Planning Websites
Basic financial planning can be done on the internet now. Gone are the days of high priced financial planners. Use one or two of these websites to gt 90% or more of your financial planning in place.
Top News Websites
Top Government & Institution Websites
Government and institutions play a key role in regulating and setting the path for economic development. These sites are full of useful information on the path that we are being guided on.
- Census Bureau
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Central Intelligence Agency
- EIA - U.S. Energy Information Administration
- European Union
- FDA - U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Federal Reserve online
- International Monetary Fund
- Library of Congress
- NASA Climate Change
- National Institutes of Health
- NOAA - National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Social Security Administration
- USGS - U.S. Geological Survey
- USA.gov Local Governments Search
- VA - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- World Bank