A changing world presents both risk and opportunity. My investment approach and the philosophy of Bluemound Asset Management is to manage risk first while investing in opportunities.
"Confronted with a challenge to distill the secret of sound investment into three words, we venture the motto, MARGIN OF SAFETY."Benjamin Graham (Warren Buffett's teacher and mentor)
While many opportunities are cyclical repeats of the past, many opportunities are found within the evolution of the global economy. Thus, by analyzing history, as well as, secular trends, we can better find opportunities while mitigating risk. I use an investment process, borrowed from several highly successful investment houses, that uses 4-steps to find our investment opportunities:
- Identifies secular economic trends.
- Analyzes government and central bank policy.
- Does deep dive fundamental analysis of industries and companies.
- Employs technical analysis of price trends to guide buying and selling.
Bluemound offers 5 core portfolio strategies that can be adjusted to your individual needs.
- Global Trends ETF - a tactical asset allocation strategy using low cost Exchange Traded Funds to generate growth. This strategy can be adapted to virtually any set of goals and circumstances. This strategy accepts equal risk to the broad market, but is trying to beat broad stock market returns through asset allocation.
- Retirement Trends ETF - a slow handed tactical asset allocation strategy using low cost Exchange Traded Funds and other fund based investments to generate income and growth. Primarily for retirees and near retirees. This strategy seeks risk similar to slightly more than a balanced portfolio, but is trying to roughly match stock market returns through asset allocation.
- Sustainable Growth - A long-term growth strategy focused on innovative stocks at the intersection of the "smart everything" and sustainable worlds. Uses a tactical ETF asset allocation for the core of a diversified approach. Ideal for long-term growth investors or retired investors who want a sleeve of growth stocks.
- Dividend Collector - A long-term dividend income and growth strategy. Primarily for retirees and near retirees. Uses a tactical ETF asset allocation for the core of a diversified approach. This strategy seeks risk similar to slightly more than a balanced portfolio, but is trying to roughly match stock market returns through asset allocation and dividends.
- Retirement Income Options - A more assertive strategy for those with option trading experience. An equity portfolio that sells cash-secured puts and covered calls to generate additional portfolio income while allowing for equity growth. Will roughly match the risk of the broader stock market. Asset allocation parameters will be set on a per client basis. $500,000 minimum account size and $1m net worth requirements.
Clients with stock options from work, small business owners and residents of other nations are all welcome. We can work together to build a strategy for you.
Bluemound also has access to alternative investments for accredited investors*. If you are seeking highly active trading, I can refer you to several outstanding traders for a portion of your overall portfolio.
With my access to dozens of research teams and services, as well as, my independent research, you are getting multiple levels of expertise when I work for you. I have over 25 years of experience and relationships developed through my media exposure.
Contact me today to discuss navigating these dynamic investment times.
*Alternative Investments For Accredited Investors
As defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Accredited Investors are generally considered to be more sophisticated and/or able to participate in certain types of investments. An accredited investor, in the context of a natural person, includes anyone who:
- earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year, OR
- has a net worth over $1 million, either alone or together with a spouse (excluding the value of the person’s primary residence).
Certifying an accredited investor requires verification of financial status. In order to proceed further, we must qualify candidates for these investment programs. Contact me today to discuss your situation and appropriate approaches to managing your wealth.
Contact me today to discuss your investment options.